Thursday, November 20, 2008

Jackie O

Some people are starting to say that Michelle O. will be the next Jackie O. I think Mrs. Obama will make an excellent First Lady, but no one can ever fill the shoes of Jackie!
I've been slightly obsessed with Jackie since High School, and even designed the top half of my wedding gown to mirror her's.
This is an excellent book- Portrait of a Rider- it covers mostly Jackie's love for all things horses. I've been told many times, by lots of random people, that I look like her...which is really nice, but come on people, in my dreams!
I'm bidding on this on e-bay....to add to my collection.



Here are some fabulous Jackie quotes to brighten your day:


"I always wanted to be some kind of writer or newspaper reporter. But after college ... I did other things." Other things...like marry the future President of the United States! I started out as a Journalism major too...and then went onto Fire Science and now take wedding photos and pictures of happy babies.



"The one thing I do not want to be called is First Lady. It sounds like a saddle horse." Ha!



"What is sad for women of my generation is that they weren't supposed to work if they had families. What we were they going to do when the children are grown- watch the raindrops coming down the window pane?" And now the women of my generation are left to feel guilty if we opt not to have a career and raise our children instead...I doubt there will ever be a happy balance.



"The only routine with me is no routine at all." This pretty much sums me up to a tee- even though I constantly am struggling to find routine....and even write down what my routine should be! I even have a cleaning schedule somewhere- bathrooms on Mondays, dusting on Tuesdays, etc....and an exercise schedule...sigh.



"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters very much." Perfect. Jackie O. Which explains why



"Even though people may be well known, they hold in their hearts the emotions of a simple person for the moments that are the most important of those we know on earth: birth, marriage and death."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love- otherwise this bloggy-blog looks terribly depressing!